Saturday, April 11, 2015

Construct and paint Birdhouses

Greetings readers,
Today the crazy creative twos constructed and painted birdhouses for their construction art. The younger twos didn't really like constructing the birdhouse but the older twos really enjoyed helping to put the bird house together. For the blog Babble: DIY Paper Birdhouses with Templates they used scrapbooking paper but I thought the birdhouse could be more sturdy by making it with cardboard boxes inside out so when they paint them the paint would stay on better. When I printed off the template for the birdhouse design it was in a foreign language so I experimented with the dimensions because the printout of the template was way to small. I collected cardboard snack boxes, traced my own enlarged template on the inside of the boxes and then cut them out. The kids really enjoyed painting their birdhouse. To help with the process of putting the birdhouse together I used tape instead of glue because it doesn't dry as fast as you'd want it to. Even using tape the birdhouse would come undone when painting it, if you touched it the wrong way. I thought this activity would be too hard for the twos to do but the older twos loved putting the birdhouse together.




No comments:

Post a Comment