Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hello, Today in my twos creative classroom we painted with paint ice cubes. The older and younger ones really enjoyed it. I caught my youngest two trying to eat the ice the paint cube because I guess he thought it was a popsicle. He also liked this art because you didn't have to get dirty with paint. He liked using the stick to paint and mix the colors. My older twos liked using all the different colors. It was a great activity to show them if you mix two different colors they make a whole new color. One of the girls mixed blue and red together and it made purple. Then since she liked that so much she mixed red and yellow together and together it made orange, which one of my oldest boys pointed out. The children liked using the stick with the paint cube in different ways. Some swirled the paint, some made dots. They really liked this art activity. From letting the hot water warm up the paint to washing the paint out of the ice cube trays and throwing away the sticks. I have to say a very easy clean up after such a fun, somewhat messy activity. This activity would also be great for a science activity. Since the children are so use to seeing paint in a liquid form instead of a sold they would be taught on how things can be turned into a solid or a liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment